gkoginov

Ultimaker 3 5.2 FW - device gets stuck after the latest update

Posted · Ultimaker 3 5.2 FW - device gets stuck after the latest update

I've updated the firmware over the air as instructed - first with a "stepping stone" version and then to 5.2. 
After the update the printer appears to have an issue where after about 3-5 minutes the screen gets bugged and the printing doesn't work. I've attached a picture of what the screen looks like.
We've tried to start the printing and as soon as the screen goes into this mode the printer just freezes.

I've tried to re-install the firmware from USB but I get the same issue.
Any clue how to fix this? Can I downgrade to a lower, more stable firmware version?

IMG_20190322_133321.jpg

Same issue here, please fix this, it's impossible to print anything since last firmware update.

I also used the stepping stone firmware to get to 5.2.  Mine has the bugged screen which seems to drift along the X and wrap around like the above picture.  My printing still works, however every once in a while during a print it will pause for a few seconds and keep extruding in one spot making a bump, like there is some contention for resources and it just derps out.

We are fixing an issue where on some printers the screen is rotated, but there the screen is rotated a few seconds after boot. The issue people report here is new to me.

Can a few of you people mail me the log files?

Use the 'Dump logs to usb' from the maintenance menu. And send me the files through the 'Message' button at the top of my profile page here on this forum.

I can't see a way to dump logs to usb when the screen doesn't work.  Is there another way to find the logs through SSH?

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker 3 5.2 FW - device gets stuck after the latest update

Will the logs still contain relevant data if I restarted after the problem happened but before I dumped the logs?

Edited by Abrasive

If you can get your printer to dump the logs from the menu, then it will dump logging data from the last 5 reboots, or up to a maximum total size. Whichever comes first. So yes, even after a reboot the log dumps are valuable.

If you can't dump from the menu, then there are two other options:

- The web interface (shows a shorter list of logging data but is still helpful)

- SSH: journalctl -n 20000 --no-pager > dump.txt

Thanks to all people who sent me the log files!

For the WiFi not working we found a problem at startup where two modules are loading in a wrong order. The network connection manager (ConnMan) is supposed to reset the WiFi electronics, but the software to toggle the USB power is not loaded yet. This requires a software update that we are working hard on and want to combine with the other most pressing issues.

The stalled printers is something we are still investigating. Log files for this are still welcome.