how is Cura 4.0 3rd party Printer control?

emaayan

Posted · how is Cura 4.0 3rd party Printer control?

hi..

i wanted to know how is cura 4.0's printer control via USB, i'm currently using s3d, because it's provides both host AND slicer control in one package, the control is very reliable, i can panic stop it, re-connect, disconnect, restart all from software. 

i'm using Tevo Black Widow with mks gen 1.4 board. with cura 3.x ,i always had issues when attempting to stop and re-start a print or when doing a panic button stop, it never seemed stable. 

Hi

I don't know it, so just guessing, but I think the USB part of Cura is nearly unchanged. The main focus was a new GUI, cloud features and some other slicing improvements, but due fact that UM printers don't use USB connections, I guess the motivation was not so big to improve the USB connection part.

There were some fixes, but those were things that have been contributed. @Smithy is right with regards to us not really touching the USB printing.