Problem Connecting with octoprint

Posted · Problem Connecting with octoprint

hello,

i downloaded cura for Windows and wanted to add octoprint to it. My Problem is that i can't connect to octoprint in the Printer Settings cause there is no "connect octoprint" button. what do i do and what did i do wrong.

i am a bit confused cause on my mac pro i have cura installed and there is no Problem with the button. it's there….

i tried cura 4.0. cura 3.6. and cura 3.2.1

Screenshot (1).png

• 1 year later...
    16 minutes ago, SHRDC3DPrint said:

Hi, have you solved the issue? I am facing the same problem, my octoprint cannot connect to Ultimaker s5.

You cannot connect Octoprint to the S5, because the S5 has no "normal" USB port as the UM2 has. The USB port on the S5 on the front is only for the USB stick, but not for direct printing via USB.

The original post was from a user with an Anet printer, which is compatible with OctoPrint. Installing the OctoPrint Connection plugin from the Marketplace would fix their problem. The Ultimaker S5 is not compatible with OctoPrint. Installing the aforementioned plugin will not change that.