Not loading thorugh USB after firmware upgrade

aripod

Posted · Not loading thorugh USB after firmware upgrade

I upgraded the latest firmware version on the UM3 (05.02.). Now when I want to print something from the USB, it lists all the models but it says loading and when selecting one, it jumps back to the main menu as shown in the attached video.

Should I do a factory reset?

Thank you.

20190329_094747.zip

25 minutes ago, aripod said:

I upgraded the latest firmware version on the UM3 (5.2.8.20190320). Now when I want to print something from the USB, it lists all the models but it says loading and when selecting one, it jumps back to the main menu as shown in the attached video. Therefore, I cannot print. I did a factory reset but that did not help.

Thank you.

20190329_094747.zip 14.38 MB · 0 downloads

11 hours ago, rojaljelly said:

I have the same problem.
    Why is this firmware upgrade marked as "stable" ???
    Can anybody tell me how to downgrade the firmware?

I have received support from UM and the suggestion was to install the "test version" I think it is called, but the printer was never able to install it. Therefore, he suggested to use cura rather than simplify 3d which is what I was using. Apparently, there is an issue with the software: https://forum.simplify3d.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13030&sid=9feb4e457d54382ab39434adb1acbc3f

It is not a problem for Ultimaker because they have Cura.

Simplify3D is 3rd party software so not their problem.

I've mailed to S3D and they've sent me a new FFF profile but I haven't tested it yet.