just got Netfabb

c-ernst

Posted · just got Netfabb

Just got Netfabb...

Edited the head so it knows about my marlin firmware.

My question is about the default profiles. Are they pretty much supposed to work out of the box? I mean except for the temps? I set my temps in the material and loaded up my standard sphere with support test print. The extruder is turning extremely slow. I would say 1/5 the speed it would be turning on this model out of SF.

There seems to be a plethora of places to set extruder speed. I am just used to the volumetric SF settings and have no idea what to set these (or even which ones matter) to.

I guess if I had a check list of settings that need to be set or changed as a starting point would be great.

I assume I need to get this thing printing something before I start messing with calibration too... correct?

Chuck

Hi

It should be close

Make sure though that your settings on the 'Print' tab match.

For example if you are using one of the 'High Quality' styles in the 'Print Quality' Dropdown you need to use 'PLA - High' in your 'Configuration' box, else it will be way out. Other than that you should calibrate as soon as you can.

That is what I am doing, I duplicated the PLA High and entered my temps. The end result looks like someone sneezed PLA on the table. Just trickling out of the head. If I look at the extruder wheel it is going painfully slow. I'll try resetting it tonight and see what I can come up with.

That is what I am doing, I duplicated the PLA High and entered my temps. The end result looks like someone sneezed PLA on the table. Just trickling out of the head. If I look at the extruder wheel it is going painfully slow. I'll try resetting it tonight and see what I can come up with.

Generally, the high-quality netfabb profiles have pretty small layer heights, which means not much PLA is deposited per layer, and hence the extruder turns very slow... this is normal... the principle behind them is also relatively low temp printing... Paul is going as low at 185C on his UM (his temp setting is spot on on his UM)... in order to do this, you might want to fix your temp issue first.