Hemphill18

Calibration issue

Posted · Calibration issue

Hi, i wonder if any one else is having the same issues as myself.

I recently purchased a new BB nozel for my Ultimaker 3 Extended, but have been having some issues trying to get it to calibrate. When activating the calibration, everything starts off great. Then when it starts to try and print the Y axis, there is no material or the PVA from either of the extruders. When it trys to print the x axis, there is no pva from the extruder, although, i do get a material print.

I had to calibrate it by printing test pieces which is not ideal.

I would like to know if any one else has had this issue and to see if there is a fix for it?

Thanks in advance. 

Posted · Calibration issue

This is a very recent bug and is in the latest release of 5.2 firmware (today is April 12 2019 for those reading this post a year from now).

The workaround for now is to feed the filament manually.  There is a lever on the S5 extruder - lift the lever and push hard on the filament while it's printing the calibration pattern.

There is also a workaround involving editing some files on linux but if you have a typo it will brick your machine so for now it's best to feed the filament manually.