lakerice

Bottom of chair not smooth

Posted · Bottom of chair not smooth

Hi I'm pretty new to 3d printing and I am currently using an Ultimaker 2.  I've been trying to work with supports to get this chair to have a smoother, higher quality bottom, but it doesn't seem to be working.  I've attached screenshots of the support settings as well as the CURA file.

Thanks!

20190424_144614.jpg

20190424_144638.jpg

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

UM2_updated chair for 3d printing thicker back_fixed.3mf

You should show the chair in "layer view".  But it's going to be hard to get the bottom much better unless you get a UM3 and use PVA dissolvable support.

Another option is to print the chair in parts and glue them together after they are all printed.  Preferably use some kind of bump/hole combination to make gluing easier and stronger.

Ah thanks!  Didn't think of the parts part.  I managed to get it to look somewhat decent after realizing there was a whole other layer of support still stuck to the chair.  But in the future when I can afford it, I will try to get a dual nozzle printer with PVA support.