Problem Managing Profiles

mg180

Posted · Problem Managing Profiles

I'm struggling to understand how profile management works.

I start off by duplicating a profile (for example, the default fine profile), then make a change to the layer height. I then save this and see the change reflected in the 'global settings' when clicking on 'manage profile':

global-settings.png

However, under 'Extruder 1' the layer height is still showing the original profile layer height. No matter what I do I can't get the extruder layer height to change, why is this? It will slice using the global settings but I don't understand why the extruder is showing a different value to that which it will use.

extruder-settings.png

This is in Cura 4.0 but the same happens in Cura 3.6.

Thanks

Posted · Problem Managing Profiles

I have had bad luck with profiles.  I recommend instead you do "file" "save" and it will save your entire project as a 3mf file.  Then when you later print something that needs a similar profile you find the 3mf file from the most similar profile and then delete the mesh and insert a new STL file.