S5 default profile settings

Link

Posted · S5 default profile settings

Hi,

I am preparing some profiles for my incoming S5 and noticed that the default profile settings for the 0.8 nozzle look a little odd, for example, the default for retraction is 5mm distance as apposed to 6.5 for the 0.4, could someone from UM please confirm this is correct, should the retraction settings for 0.8 be 5mm and 25m/s ?

@CarloK hoping you might be able to confirm ?

Also are there any plans for a 0.6mm print core ?, seems strange to have 0.25, 0.4 and 0.8 but no 0.6

Many Thanks

I cannot officially confirm the setting, but I never had any problems printing with these default settings and the 0.8 print core.

Regarding 0.6, there is the CC red core, which is 0.6. Maybe "over sized" for normal materials, but it works also for PLA and non-abrasive materials.

6 minutes ago, Smithy said:

I cannot officially confirm the setting, but I never had any problems printing with these default settings and the 0.8 print core.

Regarding 0.6, there is the CC red core, which is 0.6. Maybe "over sized" for normal materials, but it works also for PLA and non-abrasive materials.

Thanks, yes i saw that CC core but as you say its overkill for normal materials (has a Ruby nozzle etc) and the cost is much more than a normal core. Ideally i would have really liked a normal 0.6 core.....

interestingly i looked at the default profiles for my 2+ and the retraction length for 0.8 and even 1mm nozzle is still the same as 0.4 at 6.5mm, maybe the print cores used on the S5 at sizes over 0.4 require less retraction than for the Olson block on the 2+, but seems odd....., hopefully someone from UM can confirm