Weird scratches

Posted · Weird scratches

While printing and sometimes afterwards I see those little scratches I can call it but I doubt it's caused by nozzle scratching the print. What are these and how to get rid of them?  (Mostly seen near the edges of the print)

IMG_4370.JPG

Posted · Weird scratches

Layer height: 0.1 or 0.2 mm i cant remember but I use both
    Extruder temp: 235
    Print speeds: all around 30-45mm/s
    Flow %: I am guessing 100%? I didnt find it nor change it in my Cura settings

Posted · Weird scratches

Hi @andrulonis ok as you do not mention it then I assume you are using PLA and if that is the case then you are printing way too hot and you are over-extruding. Drop your temp. to 195 which should be OK. You can even try 190 for a better result, especially if you are using 0.1. If you are using 0.2 with 45mm/s you might need to push the extruder temp to 200; all printers and filament are different, so one cannot be too prescriptive, what works for you is best, but not 235 🙂

If you are using ABS then your temp is probably in the ball park but I have. never used ABS so it would be wrong for me to guess what is going on.

Posted (edited) · Weird scratches
    6 hours ago, yellowshark said:

Hi @andrulonis ok as you do not mention it then I assume you are using PLA and if that is the case then you are printing way too hot and you are over-extruding. Drop your temp. to 195 which should be OK. You can even try 190 for a better result, especially if you are using 0.1. If you are using 0.2 with 45mm/s you might need to push the extruder temp to 200; all printers and filament are different, so one cannot be too prescriptive, what works for you is best, but not 235 🙂

If you are using ABS then your temp is probably in the ball park but I have. never used ABS so it would be wrong for me to guess what is going on.

Sorry didn't say it right, its ABS. With PLA i have nice results overall

Edited by andrulonis