[Bug advice] Slice Button not disabled immediately

JCD

Posted (edited) · [Bug advice] Slice Button not disabled immediately

When you have a complex mesh to slice and you click on the slice button, the button is still active for a long time.

If you think you have'nt click and you click once more, the process is beginning all over again... and after a long time you get an error (unable to slice), and Cura then continue and go back to the slicing process.

My Suggestion is to disable at once the Slice button.(and change the color so that the user get the information the process is initiated)

Cura 4.0, windows 7 64

Edited by JCD
system info

Posted · [Bug advice] Slice Button not disabled immediately

Nallath,

Yes and I discovered after my post there was a link via the help menu where I found the previous advices !!!!

Maybe it will be interesting to open a section, only to give the same link, just to avoid the unnecessary posts like mine !!

Posted (edited) · [Bug advice] Slice Button not disabled immediately

My cura 4.0 kept crashing on me.  I would load a model and auto-slicing would fire off, sometimes crashing.  I would other times load a 2nd or 3rd model onto the same build plate and maybe 60% of the time, it would crash.  Since disabling auto-slice just over a week ago, I haven't had a crash since.  I, too, noticed that the Slice button remained active after clicking.  I am conscious of when I click it now and wait a few seconds before doing anything else.

Edited by randyinla

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 26 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies