Sometimes Find Cura 4.0 Log Files On Removeable USB Drive?

randyinla

Posted (edited) · Sometimes Find Cura 4.0 Log Files On Removeable USB Drive?

I didn't see anything in the Cura github issues list that matches this issue.  I've noticed this about 4 or 5 times in the last few weeks since upgrading to Cura 4.0.  (Side note: I had to turn off auto-slicing due to Cura crashing 5 times a day and it hasn't crashed since)

When I'm finished slicing and want to save onto the USB drive, I:

• Insert the USB drive for my U3Ext into my 2015 MBP running the latest Mojave
  • Get a popup from VMWare Fusion (I run Windows-based Solidworks in a VM) if I want to mount the USB drive in Mac or Windows, I choose Mac
  • Wait for the drive to mount and for the, "Save to external drive" message on the Cura Save button and click it
  • I'll go to Finder and open the external drive to move the file into a folder and notice 5 or 6 Cura log files and some other file
  • I delete those files and eject the USB drive and put it back into the U3Ext

These log files should never ever be saved to the external USB drive, correct?  They should always get saved to my computer's designated Cura folder, right?  Is Cura sometimes using the last used folder instead of using the Cura folder on the computer?

The next time this happens, I'll add the file names here and maybe copy/paste the contents if they are small enough.

Edited by randyinla

Posted · Sometimes Find Cura 4.0 Log Files On Removeable USB Drive?

Correct. Cura tries to save the log files to the place where it also stores the configurations.

If this happens again, please create an issue on github.

Posted · Sometimes Find Cura 4.0 Log Files On Removeable USB Drive?

I think it's a good practice to disconnect auto slicing as if your piece is complex, any modification in the parameter, the place where the part is on the bed etc.. this launch the slicing and you have to wait along   long long time just to have the opportunity to make another modification before really doing what you want

For the Cura team : why do'nt put at the beginning slicing on 'non auto'