Stepper Motor Wiring

Sraffo

Posted · Stepper Motor Wiring

Hopefully someone can help, I am building my own 'Cloned' UM2 Extended and have come to a problem with wiring up the stepper motors (the ones I had ordered came with bare wires, and no connection) would someone please be able to advise me the correct stepper motor wiring / pin out (ABCD / 1346) relative to the UM2 board pin out please.

I was also wondering if its able to run the motors manually through the control board without having the print head and heat bed plugged in/wired up?

Thanks in advance for any help given guys, I hear that this is a great community for helping the newbie.

Posted · Stepper Motor Wiring

here's the wire schemematics of the um2 motors, and all other UM2 details...

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Ultimaker2/blob/master/1182_X%2CY_Motor_(x2)/B1182-B2P-A.pdf

Regarding running the motors, I usually use Simplify3D for manual control but there are plenty options, f.e. http://www.pronterface.com/

The board will give warnings when f.e the temperature sensors are not connected, so just plug them in..