Printing problem on S5

Julius

Posted (edited) · Printing problem on S5

Hi all, look at picture 1,

You can see that I got a small problem on the build plate's right top side. When printing with ABS, I see that in this area it's missing a layer. I clean up the extruder, made a calibration (X-Y) and manual leveling to adjust this but nothing works. I try different things but my prototype on this side of the build plate dont have the same thickness. See picture 2 and 3. I did a test to see variance in thickness on all the plate. It came out that parts printed in the right top side are always 0.010 inch less than the average thickness. (Average thickness is 0.068)

More over, my US5 printer does a very bad print every now and then. To me it look random, but there is excessive warping that screws up all the part (see picture 4). I will try to make adhesion more on the plate by adding a brim... but I'm not sure the will correct the problem.

Thanks for any help

Problème 1.jpg

Étude_1.jpg

Étude_2.jpg

Problème 2.jpg

Edited by Julius

Posted (edited) · Printing problem on S5

Talk to my reseller technician today. We did bunch of stuff trying to stop under extruding in the right top of the build plate.

I did :

- Update Firmware

- Factory reset;

- lift switch calibration

Still having the same issue. Getting tired for this problem that last for a month now. I do not produce quality prototypes as i use to.

Please somebody help me !

PS: I did redo a manuel leveling and push the glass build plate higher on the right side screw... Didn't change much, the problem is still there, on a smaller area....is my US5 broken in some way on the Z axis or I'm not good at doing manuel leveling....

Edited by Julius

Posted · Printing problem on S5

Some thing that come to mind;

Do you use the active leveling? if not I would advice to do so... A one time manual leveling to have the best leveled bed mechanically, combined with active leveling is the best.

Did you try to rotate the glass 180 degrees to see if its an issue with the glass not being flat?

Thanks for your help by the way :

- I did try to turn around the build plate 180o. I got two plates, so I try both... both do the same thing...

- Active leveling is on on default no, because a never change it, and It does active level everytime I print...I think...I will double check that

Hi all, to follow on this topic.

I talk to my reseller and we figure out that this occure because one of the axes (X) shaft was a little bend. I change it, and now it's working fine. I dont know how could this have happen but for sure Ultimaker warranty work just fine. (Yes I did recalibrate as well after I changed both shaft)

• Like 1