gromit

water soluble

Posted · water soluble

I have 2+ which work very well, Even though i am just a hobbyist ,i am always printing stuff .

Look to invest in 3. I use ABS on most of my project ,Easy to weld together (c3h6o), and if want to change design part don't have to print the whole thing .

SO can you use water-soluble with ABS/Nylon/est, OR rather what material are compatible with Water-soluble.I have looked at some videos,but looks like using PLA.

If i could use water-soluble with ABS ,I would not have to compromise on design.

Posted · water soluble

I thinhik the UM Breakaway material would be your best bet in general. I do not know of any water soluble material that works with ABS. And, believe me, I tried.

Works great with Nylon though.

Posted · water soluble

Thank for reply

I mainly use ABS best result weld easily hard ect. Can you weld Nylon together or just stick

Posted · water soluble
8 minutes ago, gromit said:

Can you weld Nylon together or just stick

I am not sure what you mean by 'just stick'. I have not tried to weld Nylon before, but, it is a plastic and as far as I know, all plastics can be welded.

Posted · water soluble

acetone melts ABS together , is there any thing that  melts Nylon together with out killing myself

Posted · water soluble

That is my limit on plastics chemistry...sorry. The other option would be a glue. I really like this product called "Serious Glue."

Posted · water soluble

Thanks again

I will buy a real of Nylon to see what kind of finish i can get + some serious glue. Then look for a 3.

thanks GROMIT

Posted (edited) · water soluble

Let me know how you get on.How it dissolves and how long it takes, and finish between AirWolf3D/ABS. As i said instead of printing in 2 3 4 parts ,then weld together.IF it works no more compromise on how it print and design things.

Thanks Gromit

Edited by gromit