stevekb173

Print starting point query

Posted · Print starting point query

Hi, I recently set up my Creality CR-X, with some success. It guided me toward using Cura as the slicing tool of choice.

Since I'm new at the 3d printing game, I wanted to check-out as many options open to me as possible and at first i was having difficulty loading a config file to correctly set up Cura for my CR-X twin extruder.

In the mean-time i came across Matter Control as a creation and slicing tool. I thought this was a good idea having both tools in one place, but have come to realize the setting capabilities within Cura are far more extensive and it promises to be the software of choice. BUT. here's the rub....

I can successfully load an object into MC, slice and dice it, then print it in the center of the build platform. When i drop the same object into Cura, it slices it ok and nicely pops it onto the work space in the center but when i hit 'Print', the machine will always try to print from the home position, and not the center zero point??

I can't find any setting that specifies the print starting point, therefore i have to print from MC slicer.

Cura has proper support for my twin extruder, where MC doesn't, hence i want to use Cura by default.

I will shortly have zero hair follicles left to pull out!!

Please be gentle with me, but any guidance would be much appreciated. PS......I'm only into my second week of 3D printing. Forgive my ignorance !

Many thanks for any help.

Steve.

Posted · Print starting point query

Go to machine settings (prepare mode, top left click machine, click 'manage printers', "machine settings"

And uncheck "origin at center".  Creality has origin in the front left corner.  So uncheck that or it will center your print in the corner.

Also you will probably run in to this other bug if you have cura 4.1:

set z speed to 40 or something reasonable - more info here: