aag

infill extending into holes!

Posted · infill extending into holes!

I am dealing with a weird artifact. I am making a plate with evenly spaced holes. The outermost row of holes comes out nicely, but in all other holes the infill appears to extend within the holes. The original design is in Fusion360. What might be the issue here? I am attaching a screenshot from Cura from above.

image.thumb.png.abcb6f55d437ca4a17f53d798802d00d.png

Hello @aag, without having the project file, it's hard to guess what the problem is. Please attach it to this thread if possible.

• Like 1

Thanks for the project file. I think the problem is caused by the model not being watertight. The mesh tool model checker detects that...

Screenshot_2019-06-15_20-56-26.thumb.png.195938f77c426b99f7c1f367c31eaa9a.png

• Thanks 1

thank you so much for helping me! Can you elaborate? I have never used the mesh tool model checker, and I do not understand how this problem comes about and (more importantly) what can I do to remedy... 😞

The mesh tools are available as a plugin via the Cura Marketplace.

Sorry, I can't really help with how to fix the model as I have no experience of Fusion360 but I am sure that others on this Forum can offer some suggestions. Any ideas @kmanstudios?