Cura Insisting on Two Inner Walls?

carvedblock

Posted (edited) · Cura Insisting on Two Inner Walls?

Hi, 

Please help me understand. 

I make a model with a shell exactly 1.2mm thick. 

I use .4mm nozzle with .4mm wall. 

Yet, Cura tries to fit in two inner walls, or at least moves twice in the inner space (not marked as travel move). 

Even though: 
- combing is off

- and I even turned on outer wall before inner with  minimum wall flow it 100%

- compensate wall overlap is off

What gives? Thanks!

This produced ugly blobs on my print and I really can't get rid of them (This is an edge case. I normally have no issue with blobs, even though I use a long and hot meltzone with stringy PETG for part strength.)

I am attaching the cura project and gcode and the stl so anyone can play. 

3walls.3mf 3walls.gcode

shell1.2mm.stl

Edited by carvedblock
Attach the stl for anyone to test.
  • Like 1

Posted · Cura Insisting on Two Inner Walls?

Any ideas from anyone are highly appreciated. 

I hoped maybe you could chime in @smartavionics if you have a minute? I think you're the de-facto resident forum experts on shells, wall overlaps, and such things.

PS: S3D and Slic3r dont't do this and print the model just fine. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 16 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies