Cannot firmware upgrade or factory reset S5

jthaker

Posted · Cannot firmware upgrade or factory reset S5

I have a printer on 5.2.8 that has the options for firmware upgrade or factory reset all greyed out. I've tried everything I can think of starting with the basics (pulling the power). I cannot seem to figure this out. 

IMG_1451.JPG

IMG_1449.JPG

IMG_1450.JPG

I think that means you have no network connection.  I think there is a way to upgrade through the USB drive if you can't get the internet working.

Also I think those are grayed out during printing but I assume you weren't printing at this moment that you took the photos.

Maybe it's being blocked then from reaching Ultimaker?  Or maybe Ultimaker disabled the update (I strongly doubt that).

I’ve tried USB update but this too isn’t working. All the firmware upgrade options are greyed out.

Confirm the removal of the last print (it asks for it as can be seen from the green check). Then it should be available again.

Problem solved! I left it overnight and I came back to it and everything was accessible. Its now up to date.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies