TMicke

Manual G code Z offset with G92?

Posted (edited) · Manual G code Z offset with G92?

As I read this:

https://reprap.org/wiki/G-code#G92:_Set_Position

I'm a bit confused, and I would like to avoid ramming my nozzle in my printbed while trying.

I want to manually add a 0.1mm offset of my Z axis (0.1mm additional space between nozzle and bed), should I enter 'G92 Z0.1'?

Or should it be:

G1 Z0.1

G92 Z0

Maybe there is another better way?

Using a UM2+ and I intend using it in my start script in S3D when printing PETG. ...and yes, CURA has the Z offset in the settings, I know 😉 But some prints I like doing in S3D

Edited by TMicke

Posted · Manual G code Z offset with G92?
1 hour ago, TMicke said:

G1 Z0.1

G92 Z0

This is correct.

The first line tells the bed to go to 0.1mm. The second line tells the printer to from now on (until the z axis is homed) consider that position as 0mm. So effectively every following Z coordinate will be 0.1 mm further away from the bed then after homing the z axis.

• Thanks 1

Posted · Manual G code Z offset with G92?

Thank you! That explains it perfectly to me.

/Micke