Octoprint or equivalent for Ultimaker S5

Posted · Octoprint or equivalent for Ultimaker S5

My workspace has an Ultimaker S5 in addition to several other 3D printers and in-house tracking software that relies on data obtained via OctoPrint. I have attempted to connect OctoPrint to the S5 using Ethernet and following instructions for the 2 on the internet, without success. I have also found indications that Cura Connect should have an API, but I cannot find this either.

Can anyone point me to instructions to (ideally) control an Ultimaker S5 via Octoprint, or to access Cura Connect's APIi?

System Configuration:

Ultimaker S5:

hardware type: 9051-0

firmware: 5.1.8.20181207

on WiFi

developer mode enabled

connected to a Raspberry Pi 3B+ with an Ethernet patch (crossover cable) (after attempting with a std)

Octopi (Raspbian) v. 0.16.0

Octoprint v 1.3.11

Samba version 4.5.16-Debian

Cura 4.1.0

Octoprint plugin - latest

Thank you for your assistance.

Posted (edited) · Octoprint or equivalent for Ultimaker S5

There is no way to print from OctoPrint to an Ultimaker 3 or S5. Connecting the printer directly to your raspberry pi is unlikely going to be useful; the printer expects a DHCP server on the network it is connected to, and the raspberry pi is not normally configured to include a DHCP service. If you want them to be able to "talk" to eachother, it is best to connect them both to the same network instead of directly to eachother. Edit: But this will in no way help OctoPrint control the Ultimaker 3 or S5/S3.

You can find the documentation for Cura Connect (now Ultimaker Connect) on your printer: http://(address of your printer)/docs/api/ 

Edited by ahoeben
    • Thanks 1