Makerofallthings

Ultimaker 2+ printable area too small and shifted left

Posted · Ultimaker 2+ printable area too small and shifted left

For some reason my Cura 4.1 shrinks the size of my printable area to 223mm X 223mm.

It has also offset it to the left as seen in my picture. You can see the size of the print bed in grey.

That box used to fill it and match the print bed. There are old files I can no longer print because

they are out of the printable area. I know I can change the X and Y values in machine settings

but when I do the box just shifts to the left and off the bed. I have tried un-installing and re-installing

including wiping old perimeters and starting fresh. Any other thoughts on how to fix this issue would be 

appreciated.

Screen Shot 2019-07-15 at 3.06.27 PM.png

Posted · Ultimaker 2+ printable area too small and shifted left

That matches my view of Cura for the UM2X+ and when I look at the printer itself. You lose print space on the right hand side because the nozzle isn't centered on the fan shroud (it's on the left)--you lose a lot more space on the right edge of the bed.

223 by 223 is also dead on to the advertised specs: https://ultimaker.com/3d-printers/ultimaker-2-plus

Screen Shot 2019-07-15 at 4.20.19 PM.png

• Like 1