jens3

File that shows current settings ?

Posted · File that shows current settings ?

I am trying to dial in my Cura settings and am printing many many test samples with only one parameter changed. Unfortunately I am loosing track of what I have changed.

Is there a file (under Linux Ubuntu)  that has all the current settings in it in a printable form ? The file ~/.local/share/cura/4.1/user/custom_extruderxxxxxxxxxxxxxuser.inst.cfg seems to have this information but it doesn't seem complete.

The idea being to print out all the settings, print the test model and attach the printout to the model so that I can see which settings generated the attached model.

If you check the logs, a complete list of all settings as sent to the engine are printed there.

No, not one file. That would be shadow administration, because we also need to keep the information separate per profile layer. There's a couple of ways you can get at this though.

• The "user" profile contains all of the changes that you've made but not stored in a profile. The "user changes" profile contains your custom profiles. Those two combined normally add up to all your changes. If you've made custom materials those will show up in the "materials" folder and if you've edited the machine settings those will show up in the "machine_changes" folder. This is Cura's main profile administration, which is, unfortunately, split up.
  • Saving a project file puts all of the relevant profiles in one file. It's a zip file so you could open it up with 7-zip or something. However inside the archive they will be separated in the individual profile layers again.
  • In the log file of Cura it lists the commands that were used to start the slice. This command contains all settings that were used, hundreds of settings. Keep in mind that it also keeps all of those settings again for every extruder, so some settings will be in there multiple times (if they are settable per extruder).

Posted (edited) · File that shows current settings ?

Thank you !

I found the file under ~/.local/share/cura/4.1/user/custom_extruder_1+%232_user.inst.cfg but it seems that the file is only up-to-date after printing or possibly after doing a preview.

It seems to display only a subset of the configuration but sufficient for my purposes so far.

Edited by jens3

The changed parts of the configuration are written to file periodically every 10 seconds (and when closing the application)