Cura 4.1 has stopped working

ziopietro

Posted · Cura 4.1 has stopped working

Hi there,

happy 4.1 user, up to 20/07/2019 it works very well (I've .gcode file from this date, printed with satisfaction). Yesterday launched 4.1 AppImage, GUI does not start, blank white window with title and small gray rectangle. Launched from CLI, got these errors:

Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 72: non-double matrix element
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 72: non-double matrix element
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 80: saw unknown, expected number
qml: TableViewSelection: index out of range

Changed guilty fonts.conf line from <double>0</double> (twice) to <double>0.0</double>, eventually to <double>1.0</double> - no change, the same error.

Disabled guilty fonts.conf file, fontconfig error disappears, but qml error persists, the result blank white window, too.

Cancelled .config/cura dir, no result change. Downloaded fresh 4.1 appimage, no hope; downloaded 4.2 beta appimage - the same behavior.

Ubuntu 18.04 regularly updated.

Attached slice of apt log file (from 20/07/2019 to today)

Help needed, as Murphy teaches us, troubles always come at a less opportune time - my client waits for the printed piece.

Thanks in advance for any hint.

history.log

• Like 1

Hi @ziopietro, I'm afraid I haven't found the cause of this problem yet. However, I would be grateful if you could try running the most recent development AppImage I have produced as this is using the latest Qt and PyQt (5.13 as opposed to 5.10 which is used in the Ultimaker releases and also until very recently my releases also). I expect that to fail as well but it's worth trying just to verify. You can find my builds at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s43vqzmi4d2bqe2/AAADdYdSu9iwcKa0Knqgurm4a?dl=0

11 hours ago, burtoogle said:

Hi @ziopietro, I'm afraid I haven't found the cause of this problem yet. However, I would be grateful if you could try running the most recent development AppImage I have produced as this is using the latest Qt and PyQt (5.13 as opposed to 5.10 which is used in the Ultimaker releases and also until very recently my releases also). I expect that to fail as well but it's worth trying just to verify. You can find my builds at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s43vqzmi4d2bqe2/AAADdYdSu9iwcKa0Knqgurm4a?dl=0

Had the same error as OP and lost all text from menus. Confirmed that the dev image works on linux mint 19.1. Thanks!

Hi burtoogle,I tried your last build (20190728), works well. Only for completeness: running from CLI I got err msg:

Model size of -9 is less than 0
    Model size of -10 is less than 0

After loading a model and slicing, another msg

Case insensitive sorting unsupported in the posix collation implementation
    Numeric mode unsupported in the posix collation implementation

I thing both msgs aren't related to my problem.

Have a nice day 🙂

Hi ... last week I had a similar problem with the appimage of Cura 4.0 in linux mint 19. I solved it as follows: In ~ / .cache folder, there's a cache called: 'qtshadercache', delete that folder, restart Cura and everything went back to normal. I hope it has helped you ... Greetings!

• Like 1

Hi Prisma3D, did as you suggested, Cura miraculously returned to work 🙂 You are great!

• Like 1

Cool! I'm glad it worked for you too! Thanks for letting me know! regards!

Both error msgs (both Fontconfig err and qml index out of range) persist, but Cura works.

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Cura 4.1 has stopped working

I think those messages (or what they refer to) are harmless.

Edited by burtoogle

11 hours ago, burtoogle said:

I think those messages (or what they refer to) are harmless.

same here

i had a similar problem and PRISMA3D's solution SOLVED it... although i just renamed the 'qtshadercache' folder to 'REMOVED-qtshadercache' so i could go back to original name if the problem wasn't fixed

• Like 1

On 3/16/2020 at 12:46 AM, getglenn said:

i had a similar problem and PRISMA3D's solution SOLVED it... although i just renamed the 'qtshadercache' folder to 'REMOVED-qtshadercache' so i could go back to original name if the problem wasn't fixed

I'm glad to have helped you. Instead of renaming the folder, I now directly delete it. When you start Cura again, a new folder is generated. Regards!