Cura adding/messing with layers after slicing

litwi

Posted (edited) · Cura adding/messing with layers after slicing

I have designed a couple of components with Rhino 6 software. I uploaded it to Cura 4.0.0 and everything works fine until I want to check the slicing.

For some reason silicing messes with the layers in the following ways:

• The first layer of one the components is totally missing, as if it started directly in layer 2 (image "layer 1" and "layer 2").
  • On the same component, when the print should stop because the part is finished (around layer 74, like in image, although not exactly sure on this), it instead continues and prints horizontal layers over zones that should not have anything (image "finished print").

I also add a video of the slicing and preview of the file in case it helps.

Thank you for your time.

Finished print.PNG

Layer 1.PNG

Layer 2.PNG

Layer 74.PNG

Original.PNG

video-1564065320.zip

Edited by litwi

Posted · Cura adding/messing with layers after slicing

Hello @litwi, it sounds like there are problems with the model. Could you either attach the model file to this thread. Alternatively, install the mesh tools plugin from the cura marketplace and check the model to see that it is actually printable. Thanks.