UM3 does not complete the job, and stop at the middle of build

3DTCI

Posted · UM3 does not complete the job, and stop at the middle of build

With more information, your chances are quite higher that someone can help you.

So please describe a little more precisely.

Thank Smithy

I am using Cura 4.00 ,to print with UM3 refurbished, I tried the default profile normal without making any changes on the settings , and the job starts normally , but the printer stops printing in middle of job, the job ends at the middle of the item and the build is not completed

What shows the display?

I mean does it look like the print is finished or is there an error?

Do you print via network or USB stick?

So the display says remove object from build plate or something like that?

Can you share your Cura project here. Cura Menu -> File -> Save and then upload the file. 

And you can also check the Preview in Cura. Does it show your whole object or not? I guess that there is something wrong with your object and the slicer stops slicing your object.

in the preview the slices are complete , and it shows the whole object , and the display says remove object from build plate

At the moment I can't share the file , as I am not in front of the printer

You could also try another USB stick, maybe the stick is the reason or the file is corrupt.

Posted (edited) · UM3 does not complete the job, and stop at the middle of build

Are you printing from Windows? Did your computer go to sleep?

I recently had a USB print stop when the monitor turned off. I have it set to never sleep when plugged in. When I wiggled the mouse, the screen turned back on and printing resumed, but the hot nozzle staying in one spot had ruined the print.

That gave me the Round Tuit I needed to set up an Octoprint server on a Raspberry Pi I had laying around.

EDIT: I just realized we may have been referring to two different kinds of USB printing...I was printing directly from Cura via USB cable.

Edited by johnse

52 minutes ago, johnse said:

.I was printing directly from Cura via USB cable.

This is not possible with the UM3.

10 hours ago, johnse said:

I was printing directly from Cura via USB cable.

9 hours ago, Smithy said:

This is not possible with the UM3.

That was what I was getting at with my edit. I wasn't printing to a UM3 with a USB cable, I was printing to a Monoprice Ultimate. I had missed that the OP was talking about a UM3 and was focusing on a print stopping partway through. It was very shortly after that I realized my error and edited the post.

24 minutes ago, johnse said:

That was what I was getting at with my edit. I wasn't printing to a UM3 with a USB cable, I was printing to a Monoprice Ultimate. I had missed that the OP was talking about a UM3 and was focusing on a print stopping partway through. It was very shortly after that I realized my error and edited the post.

Yes, I thought so, my answer was meant more for the OP, so it is clear that it does not work with the UM3. 😉

• Like 1

I think it is windows 7  that is causing the problem , I tried to change the USB first and it was not the USB issue, then I tried the same project on windows 10 and the slicing given time was 2h 50min , while on windows 7 the time was 39min only , noting that I used the same profile setting on Cura 4.2.1 

But when the estimated print time differs, then you should also see a difference in the preview after slicing. In most cases and especially when your model has thin walls, the slicer ignores these walls, resulting in a semi-finished object.

The previews are correct in both windows 7 & 10