Strange print pattern in cura 4.3

dejawho

Posted (edited) · Strange print pattern in cura 4.3

Hi, 

I'm slicing an object with flat surface, but for some reason the print pattern on the corner is really weird, with a lot of segments instead of straight lines, with high probability to mess up the print. The strange thing is that a very similar object is sliced correctly and I can't find the problem, the setting are pretty much default. I've attached both the stl of the two models (the one working fine and the one messed up) and a screenshot of the sliced part to show what I mean with messed up (look the lines inside the circles).

I've tried to play with the settings but I was not able to solve this. The printer is an ender 3 pro and cura is set with a creality cr-10 as printer.

sample.png

messed up.stl working fine.stl

Edited by dejawho
added printer model

Posted · Strange print pattern in cura 4.3
    9 minutes ago, burtoogle said:

Hello @dejawho, both of those models have problems. If you install the mesh tools from the Cura marketplace you will see these warnings when you load the models.

Hi, thank you. I didn't know about this plugin. The working model was actually not done by me, the messed up instead was done by me using onshape so I was able to fix it. The problem was that on onShape I had two parts and when I exported them I tought they would be automatically merged into one part, instead I had to do a boolean union and then export.

Just to know, in this case I was able to fix since I had the original project, but if I had only an stl downloaded from somewhere with this problem, then what are the steps to fix it?