Ultimaker-2 3rd fan not working

cor3ys

Posted · Ultimaker-2 3rd fan not working

Hi Guys

Sent a support ticket in last Friday but no reply as yet, bit concerning after spending just short of £2000.

My 3rd fan on the back of the print head is not working since i got my ultimaker 2 being new to 3d printing i am looking for some guidance on how to diagnose the issue and fix it, and also what it means if i print without this fan working will it break the machine etc.

I have cheeked the cables under the black covering by the print head all fans are plugged in and all wires are attached to the plugs, i have slightly pulled the 2 wires to make sure the other end of the wires are attached to the fan and all seems good...

Now i am stuck as to what to do next as support are not replying to support tickets.

Print head Blue & Pink rear fan wires

gallery_21401_261_558019.jpg

Wires location on board

gallery_21401_261_412333.jpg

Posted · Ultimaker-2 3rd fan not working

First thing that needs to be done is someone with a working UM2 out there needs to explain what is the minimum you have to do to get the fan going. Does it have to get up to a certain temp? Does it turn on when the heater first turns on? Can you set nozzle to 50C and will that turn on the rear fan? Or does it come on even when head is cold/off?

Then I would probe on the board - those pink/blue wires and see if you get a voltage at the board. Then probe at the fan. Then - everywhere in between.

- George