UM3 - M303 PID autotune

kompetenz-pro

Posted · UM3 - M303 PID autotune

Hello!

I have been trying for hours in vain to trigger a PID autotune with my Ultimaker 3 using M303. But I get no error and no values.

My procedure:

• Enable Developer Mode
  • Establish a connection via terminal (ssh ultimaker@ip)
  • sendgcode M303 T0 S225 C5

Reading out the current values works:

• Establish a connection via terminal (ssh ultimaker@ip)
  • select printer printer/head/0/slot/0
  • list

Anybody got a tip for me? Thank you!

1 hour ago, kompetenz-pro said:

I have been trying for hours in vain to trigger a PID autotune with my Ultimaker 3

just out of curiosity.....  why?

All printcores should come fully calibrated.

I strongly doubt that recent Ultimaker models support gcode M303 at all.

Have you found it somewhere (in the documentation)?

Posted (edited) · UM3 - M303 PID autotune

Starting with Ultimaker 3 the code M303 is no longer supported. Ultimaker 2 and before should still support the code.

I have a printing problem and can't get any further. As you can see in the picture, the paths always break at the same place. Top left - at the start of the layer. Regardless of where I place the object on the print bed.

I checked temperature, printing speed, line width, filament diameter, ...

IMG_5617.thumb.jpg.d42a53d4b8ff408f7e520c13d30c06be.jpg

Edited by kompetenz-pro

Do you refer to tiny holes in the uppermost layer (that is what I might be able to see in that picture)? If yes, that can have many reasons from non-ideal temperature to part-blockades in printcore, Bowden tube or feeder.

A good first check usually is to increase print temperature by 5-10deg and check if it is still there. If yes, then it's rather something mechanical. Still it could be a cooling effect if something is wrong with the fans. It's a very wide field.