rac8006

cura save gcode

Posted · cura save gcode

I'm new to 3D printing.  I installed cura 4.3 and loaded a stl file and saved it.  I then loaded a new stl file and after slicing it

I tried to save the gcode.  But it wanted to save the gcode with the name of the previous gcode file.  I even exited cura and reopened

cura loaded my new file and sliced it.  But it still wanted to save the gcode as the first file name and folder that I first started.

Is there some default setting that I may be missing?

Posted · cura save gcode

In my experience the filename will get reset when you do New Project under the File menu but not if you just delete an object and load a new one.  But I haven't had the filename persist after quitting cura and restarting it.  So until someone gives a better answer try using New Project before loading a new file and see if that works for you.

• Like 1

Posted · cura save gcode

Thanks for the response.  I should have known this when I opened the next file and it showed up in addition to the original file.

Posted · cura save gcode

You can always see (and edit) the name that Cura will be using for the gcode file in the lower left.