sprcpr

2+ SD card reader board

Posted · 2+ SD card reader board

We have several 2+ with failing SD card readers.  I am not interested in trying to desolder and resolder the sd card readers to the board.  Does anyone have a source and cost for these boards?  

Posted · 2+ SD card reader board

Have you tried blowing the readers out with compressed air? Quite often there are dust and hairs accumulated in the slots, causing bad contacts between the cards and slot. This has helped several times for me.

Do the printers fail on all cards, or on only one or two cards (but in all printers)? You could also have a bad SD-card, or a bad batch of SD-cards. Or you could have a program that has corrupted the cards. Or accidental corruption due to power loss or removing the card while writing to it. That sort of things.

I am not saying these are the solutions (you may have bad readers indeed), but cleaning the slots and reformatting/replacing SD-cards would be by far the quickest and cheapest fix. If it works.