gixster

cura 4.4 fatal error

Posted · cura 4.4 fatal error

tried installing 4.4 but as soon as it opens i get a fatal error. any help would be appreciated. 

cura.jpg

It's a bug. You can work around it by replacing the IntentCategoryModel.py file mentioned in the dialog above with this file (zipped so it can be attached to this thread). Hope this helps.

IntentCategoryModel.zip

where should this be located? either i am looking in the wrong spot or it doesn't exist. even searching for it your  zip is the only place it shows up

Sorry, I'm not that familiar with Windows but I suggest trying the following. Copy the replacement IntentCategoryModel.py file into the Cura install directory (something like c:\Program Files\Ultimaker Cura 4.4\) and restart cura. If that isn't sufficient, you probably need to remove the original file (which has a .pyd suffix rather than .py) from the python35.zip file that is in that directory.

thanks for trying to help, but still not working. tired of messing with , just going to uninstall

Sorry I couldn't help. That fix worked for me when I got a similar crash. Please open an issue on github showing the image you have above so that the Cura devs will be aware of the problem.

The exact same error is happening to me as well.

I just installed 4.4 without uninstalling 3.4 because I just wanted to test the new version.

Windows 10 x64

I7 8700K

32GB Ram

Nvidia GeForce 1070 with driver 441.41