fundamental4

Layer number on screen. Remove "Layer" word.

Posted · Layer number on screen. Remove "Layer" word.

hi all,

Cura 4.3.0.

I'm using post processing script to show the layer number and file name, as I find it very useful.

The problem (maybe improvable matter) I see is the full word "Layer " on the screen is useless, I'd only need the "L" following the number. For example: "L234"; instead of "Layer 234".

In regards of the temperature, for example, there is only the thermometer icon (1 place of the screen).

What I'm currently doing to remove the (L)"ayer" letters is using the Find and Replace tool of notepad, modifying the gcode file.

"Open with" the gcode file with notepad > Edit > Find and Replace (Ctrl+R) > Look for: "Layer ", replace for "L" > Replace all. > Save changes > Close file.

It works fine this way for me, but it's a mess for every file. Do you know an alternative (automate) way of doing this task?

thank you.

IMG_20191201_185806_2.jpg

Posted · Layer number on screen. Remove "Layer" word.

You can add a Search-and-Replace postprocessing script to do this (Extesions -> Post Processing -> Modify GCode).

Search: M117 Layer

Replace: M117 L

Use Regular Expressions: unchecked

• Thanks 1