Awesome_Guy

Version control for settings

Posted · Version control for settings

I like to tweak my setting often however this sometimes ends up  in changing something too much, at which point I would like to go back to setting say for a specific model or date or set of settings. It seems the best way to do this would be to have proper version control instead of having a million profiles with the names like: final_new_new_lastfinal

Has someone created a plugin like this? Or at least something similar?

Also are is there any documentation on the process of creating/installing a plugin locally to test. I've tried adding the package folder (from these Example plugins) to the plugin folders of cura both at the install and in the appdata folder, but I cant seem to get them to showup

Thanks in advance

Posted · Version control for settings
10 hours ago, Awesome_Guy said:

Has someone created a plugin like this? Or at least something similar?

Not as far as I know, but you could put your configuration folder (Help -> Show configuration folder) under version control. You may want to exclude Cura.log.

10 hours ago, Awesome_Guy said:

I've tried adding the package folder (from these Example plugins) to the plugin folders of cura both at the install and in the appdata folder

The plugins folder in the aforementioned configuration folder (ie: in appdata) is the right place. Never change files in your program files Cura folder.

The Example plugins need to be updated for Cura 4.4. They don't load because their "API version" is 6 instead of 7.