Cannot connect UMS3 with cloud connect

revolver

Posted · Cannot connect UMS3 with cloud connect

Hi,

This is a known issue with Ultimaker S3 at the moment. We have identified the problem and will supply a firmware update to resolve it (not sure about the ETA of that at the moment).

We don't. But anywhere where products are developed, bugs happen. This is why we keep working on software for long after a printer is released and keep improving the experience and fix bugs. The firmware update that fixes the bug in question is now in our QA stage, so it'll be on the market not too long from now.

Hi there,

we are now facing exactly the same problem. After the problem that we cannot establish a connection via ssh, we cannot set up cura connect now. We have received a patch for the SSH problem. Is this also possible for this bug?

As far as I know, the firmware update that fixes this bug has not been released yet (due to Christmas holidays). I'll check with the firmware team to see what their planning is for this.

Latest I heard just now is that the update is now being system tested and it will be made available next week (if no other issues are found). This update will include fixes for the cloud printing (caused by a GUID issue) and the SSH issue as well.

With the new firmware (5.3.10) i'm also unable to connect.

1 minute ago, joernahlers said:

With the new firmware (5.3.10) i'm also unable to connect.

Please share logs. Without those we cannot reproduce or find out what is going wrong in your case (as this is not happening for everyone, and also not at our office as that would have never passed QA).

Here is the log file.dmesg.log

event.log

31 minutes ago, joernahlers said:

Hi,

I see GAI (Get Address Info) errors in your log. Is your printer able to access the internet? These error typically occur when somehow the network is configured in such a way that the printer cannot reach *.ultimaker.com.

Are you on WiFi or LAN?

Thanks, this was the problem. I set the nameservers manually and now it works fine.

It works now, but still cannot see the camera through it, when will you enable it?

1 minute ago, revolver said:

It works now, but still cannot see the camera through it, when will you enable it?

Great! Adding remote camera support via cloud is in our backlog. Can't tell anything about a delivery date yet.

7 minutes ago, joernahlers said:

Thanks, this was the problem. I set the nameservers manually and now it works fine.

Great!

I'm having a similar problem. I just got my Ultimaker S3. Ive plugged it into the Ethernet and the network setting show a printer name and IP address. It connected and upgraded its firmware already.

However, neither my computer or phone can connect. It sees the printer name but just cycles endless trying to connect. Cura also doesn't seem to be able to connect so I'm stuck transferring my files via a USB. Any ideas what the issue is?

On 2/16/2020 at 1:59 AM, jordanwh said:

I'm having a similar problem. I just got my Ultimaker S3. Ive plugged it into the Ethernet and the network setting show a printer name and IP address. It connected and upgraded its firmware already.

However, neither my computer or phone can connect. It sees the printer name but just cycles endless trying to connect. Cura also doesn't seem to be able to connect so I'm stuck transferring my files via a USB. Any ideas what the issue is?

Please post the logs files that you can extract via USB. Without them we can only guess what is going on.

Posted (edited) · Cannot connect UMS3 with cloud connect

I'm not entirely sure which logs you are looking for, but when I save the logs to USB I get this file, thanks in advance.

There is another log call flow_Ultimaker ##### but it is empty

dmesg.log

Edited by jordanwh

Hi,

It would be great if you can upload the entire ZIP file that the printer dumps to your USB drive.

Chris

I see it, Ill attach all those , thanks. Its a bunch of files...

Like I mentioned earlier, both Cure and the cloud seem to be able to see it by name, but nothing can make a connection, not cura, cloud or my phone app. It is connected by ethernet, and has a connection enough to get the firmware upgrade.

ultimakersystem-0030d6209020.5.3.10.20200107.boot-1.log ultimakersystem-0030d6209020.5.3.10.20200107.boot-2.log ultimakersystem-0030d6209020.5.3.10.20200107.boot-3.log ultimakersystem-0030d6209020.5.3.10.20200107.boot-4.log ultimakersystem-0030d6209020.5.3.10.20200107.boot0.log

Hi,

I see some errors in the logs that have to do with some residual state of Connect, probably caused by bugs in previous firmware versions. I think a factory + connect reset should bring you back up to speed. You can do this from the printer's settings menu.

Chris

I had done this, but ill try it again. Just to confirm, do a factory reset and then install the new firmware? It offers two versions of firmware, the test and the stable, which should I pick?

Thanks again,

Jordan

So ya, that totally worked. I'm not sure why the last time I did it it didn't make any difference, but I wont complain. Thanks for the help.

Great! Not sure why the previous reset didn't do anything.

Let me know if you need further help.

Chris