Cura preview window covered in infinite infill

cdyrud

Posted (edited) · Cura preview window covered in infinite infill

Just got back into cura after not being able to open it for a while (fixed by running in windows 8 compatibility). I put a file in and sliced it no problem, but when I tried to look at the preview, the infill had gone wild. The build area, and as far as I could see in all directions, was completely covered from the lowest point of infill in the model to the highest. When I turned the infill percentage to zero it went away, but it seems to be that 1% and higher infill does this. Tried switching infill pattern as well with no change. Cura 4.4 on windows 10.

871039008_Curaproblem.thumb.PNG.8ca63e0f582374612e793242ccc3b837.PNG

Cura problem.PNG

Edited by cdyrud
New information found during posting process but didn't change title before posting

Posted · Cura preview window covered in infinite infill

Looks like a rendering issue. What GPU do you use?

Does this also happen if you switch Cura to "compatibility mode" in the General preferences and restart Cura?

Posted · Cura preview window covered in infinite infill

That's not the compatibility mode I was talking about. Cura has a built-in compatibility mode that uses OpenGL 2 instead of OpenGL 4. See the "Force layer view compatibility mode" option below:

image.thumb.png.45d88c091d4d4c4c111b3178c8f5a31e.png

Posted (edited) · Cura preview window covered in infinite infill

Seems to have solved it. Now would this be a normal appearance in this mode? No infill to be seen, tried it on several percentages. I think the time to print changed with the change in infill though, so I would assume it's still there.

1968523658_WeirdBenchy.thumb.PNG.ae9f3d6c69ac64aa98952f67b86aac65.PNG

And because it happened just now, any idea why cura will randomly be unable to slice? Or would that be a question for a new thread?

Edited by cdyrud