Anyone used the Air Manager ?

Link

Posted · Anyone used the Air Manager ?

Anyone used the Air Manager ?, I am not sure how effective it can be for removing UFPs and unread before that normal HEPA and Carbon filters aren't good for UFPs. Also I did read that the air Manager increases the temps in the build chamber so not great for PLA etc. I know the extractor fan is meant to speed up for for PLA to keep the temperature down but read in another thread some conjecture around this ?.

Any overall views ?

I have one, it's nice.  I cant comment on the benefits of using it with PLAs, but I can say that it does help with ABS and PETG quite a bit, I have better layer adhesion and much less warping.  I have no way to measure UPF's myself, but there isn't any stink coming out of it when printing if that tells you anything. 

The fan does seem to run on high when using a generic material, so if it's right next to your desk it may be a bit annoying.  I have mine next to my desk and it doesn't really bother me though. 

One thing that I really like about it is the ability to keep dust out of the machine, it's amazing how dirty my printer was getting.  I was also getting nozzle clogs every once and a while, and so far that seems to be gone (I do have the material station too, that surely helps too).

All in all I think my purchase was a good one, I don't regret it one bit.  The firmware itself is surely in it's early stages, although not bad, I can see it improving in the future.  Just like how all the other firmware updates have increased the S5's print quality.

• Like 1

thanks for the feedback, i had not thought about the fan noise, very good point. I don't tend to print ABS, mainly PLA and some PETG, so still on the fence about if this is worth it. Also as you say the firmware needs work.... 🙂

Have you tried PLA ?, did you need to adjust any temperatures due to the printer now being enclosed ?

Right now i was very unhappy. I have send it back end of the year!

Perhaps now my problems are solved, but perhaps not all. After i send it back there was  another firmware update.

The main reason to give it back was the loudness printing generic filament. If you will PLA of course the fan has to speed up, but the fun run at max speed. That is not funny because it is much more loader than normal print. 

Perhaps in future Ultimaker will have a smooth working firmware, but not yet.