Qidi X-pro

TrevC

I have a Qidi X-Pro and want to use Cura 4.4.1.

I have edited the json files and the printer appears in the list to add but i cannot get the network to connect.

Can anyone help?

I'm new to 3D printing and Cura.

• 2 months later...

There's a set of settings here on Reddit. I just put it into Cura but I haven't used it yet. You don't need to make a blank material because you can simply shut off an extruder with Cura 4.4.1

• 1 month later...
    Posted (edited) · Qidi X-pro

I have been using these settings as well for a day now.  Things are working well, but I've inherited the same issue that the Reddit user had where both nozzles heat up despite one extruder being disabled in cura.  it got me to thinking that the start/end gcode might need to be separated and placed into the extruder gcode sections (currently blank).  Does this make sense?

Using this as a Gcode guide:

https://github.com/ErikZalm/Marlin

I'm thinking of changing my printer start G-code to this (not yet moving extruder related commands to the extruder G-code):

Main change being that it waits for the bed to reach temp before heating the extruders.

G92 A0 B0

G28 X0 Y0

G0 X-1000 Y-1000 F1800

G28 Z0

G1 X0 Y0 Z50 F3600

G1 X0 Y0 F3600

M140 S{material_bed_temperature}

M190 S{material_bed_temperature}

M104 S{material_print_temperature, 0} T0

M104 S{material_print_temperature, 1} T1

M109 S{material_print_temperature, 0} T0

M109 S{material_print_temperature, 1} T1

G92 E0

G92 A0 B0

G0 X0 Y4 Z0.3 F3600

G1 X{machine_width} A18 F2400

G1 X{machine_width} Y5 F2400

G1 X35 B18 F2400

G92 A0 B0

G1 X35 F2400

Also, could someone explain why there are (what seems to be) redundant commands in the printer end G-code?  Why can't it be:

M107

M104 S0 T0

M104 S0 T1

M140 S0

G92 E0

G1 Z{machine_height} F900

G28 X0 Y0

M84

M82 ;absolute extrusion mode

If I moved extruder related G-code commands from the printer section to the extruder sections, how do I ensure that the printer waits until the bed is at temp before executing the extruder heat commands?

Edit:  Here are some more settings from the Simplify3D forum:

https://forum.simplify3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=8964

printer-window.png

Edited by sparkix
    More info

Posted · Qidi X-pro

I tried the hack the Reddit user did and made a custom filament with zero temperature to try and disable the extruder that isn't being used.  But that isn't working well because it still tries to prime both extruders but the feeder clicks when trying to extruder at room temp.  I need to find a better way to disable the unused extruder.

BTW, I verified that the nozzle offset is 34mm.

Posted · Qidi X-pro

I found the same issue when trying the custom filament. I just took out the filament from the unused side while printing. I can put it back in when I need it. Now the gear is just spinning in the air; no shredding filament

Posted · Qidi X-pro
    50 minutes ago, anon175 said:

I found the same issue when trying the custom filament. I just took out the filament from the unused side while printing. I can put it back in when I need it. Now the gear is just spinning in the air; no shredding filament

The only thing I don't like about this is that it is cooking the other extruder (even if empty).  It is also likely to cause heat distortion of the print because the second hot nozzle is so close.

I may make 2 printers configurations (one as a single extruder version and the other as a double extruder version).

Posted · Qidi X-pro

hit up tech support: may@qd3dprinter.com they sent me the file for my x-maker

Posted · Qidi X-pro

I sent my X-pro back. I couldn't get it to print with the accuracy of my Ender 3 which was 1/3rd the price. I figure I can get better quality going through prusa

Posted · Qidi X-pro
    17 hours ago, Wingnut said:

hit up tech support: may@qd3dprinter.com they sent me the file for my x-maker

What did they end up sending you?  Instructions?  Profile for Cura?

Posted · Qidi X-pro

The sent a profile to open for my x-maker that added it as a printer in cura.

Posted (edited) · Qidi X-pro

I did get a project file from tech support to try.  However, it didn't solve the problem of heating the unused extruder.  It also made my prints significantly worse than the settings I was using.

Edited by sparkix

Posted · Qidi X-pro
    On 6/3/2020 at 2:06 PM, Wingnut said:

The sent a profile to open for my x-maker that added it as a printer in cura.

I did get a project file from tech support to try.  However, it didn't solve the problem of heating the unused extruder.  It also made my prints significantly worse than the settings I was using.

Posted · Qidi X-pro

Im sorry, the one I got was pretty good just had to do some tweaks I read about at one of the 3d websites.

Hello everyone, i just contacted the after sales guys and they have forwarded me these attachments. Hope this helps for your profile config.

load X-pro 2.png

load X-pro.png

x-pro.3mf

On 6/8/2020 at 3:38 PM, sparkix said:

Hi, I have this same problem and after snooping around the generated g-code file I found that Cura (v4.7.1 in my case) was outputting

M104 S200

at the end of the LAYER 0 instruction set. This causes both extruders to be set at 200C after the initial layer is finished printing. Since my start code already sets the temperature, simply removing this line of code fixes the issue. Adding T<extruder index> to the end would make it only affect the desired extruder.

I don't know why Cura doesn't automatically check for the inactive extruder and modify the output accordingly - seems rather elementary. I tried messing around with the "Printing Temperature Initial Layer" setting to see if it had to do with anything, and oddly enough it doesn't add anything to the output code at all.

4 hours ago, zhutwo said:

This causes both extruders to be set at 200C

Which firmware is used by this printer?

Is it added as a custom printer in Cura? And which gcode-Flavor is used?

M104 (without any T-parameter) sets the temperature for the active hotend only (at least in Marlin firmware). So your example command from above is totally fine for this purpose.

See documentation for M104 here: https://marlinfw.org/docs/gcode/M104.html

If your printer behaves different i would consider this as a (severe) firmware bug.