Sign in to follow this  
ian

What are you guys making for CHRISTMAS ?? with your ultimaker 3D printers ?

Posted · What are you guys making for CHRISTMAS ?? with your ultimaker 3D printers ?

What are you guys making for CHRISTMAS ?? with your ultimaker 3D printers ?

Its starting to into Christmas time a little and I wanted to know what you guys are making with your ultimakers ?

As a little fun project, my girlfriend and I used 123d to create 3d models of our heads.. then printed them off with .06mm layer height, then took our printed models.. all 4 and poured liquid silicon around them. let the silicon set and then baked it for a few hours, so the bad little chemicals were burnt off.. then made a wonderful mix of chocolates and created praline shells with the moulds.. After that we are filling them with diferent yummy fillings and sealing the bases off with more chocolate..

Its incredible what an ultimaker can allow you to do at home :-)

So what are you guys going to do ?? :-)

Ian :-)

choc1.jpg

Posted · What are you guys making for CHRISTMAS ?? with your ultimaker 3D printers ?

Provided mine arrives with enough time for me to print, I'm planning on getting a bunch of gold PLA and printing out custom baubles, probably containing the year and a slot for a family photo.

My wife wants me to make some with my daughters ,hopefully tomorrow arrives the doodle3D too so we can show you some home made 3D christmas decorations!!!

My nephews only want money so I will print out a little "maze box" for them so they'll have to work a bit to get the cash. Last year I created a derivative of a puzzle box: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:37217 Unfortunately they solved that one in about 2 seconds flat. The new one will be trickier :D Once I have something printed I'll post pics :)

hi robert... how did your design go ?? did they need more than the 2 seconds to crack this one ?

Ian :-)

Aw yes :D One kid finally cracked it after having finished opening all his other gifts. The other kid gave up for the night and it was still closed when I left :p

Judging by the comments over at Thingiverse (I'm at #4 on the most popular list btw ;) ) it is a very frustrating puzzle :p