Failed print why?

Bruce19

Posted · Failed print why?

I’m new to the 3D printing. Very first print of the dog went perfectly. Now 2 prints later, I was printing the case for a 2 drawer setup goes under my Ender 3 pro bed. The drawers printed good. The case was another story. The bottom and lower section sides printed ok. When the “top” of the lower section began to print, it pulled the sides in and never printed right.  The bottom was flat when I lifted it off the bed. Was this a support or lack of is at issue ?

F3D694F0-FAD6-485B-97D6-9423C3B97560.jpeg

916EEC9D-D16D-4AC1-8E65-B8D2D1FFEDD3.jpeg

Yes, support is needed. 🙂

But if there is room on your printer, it's better to rotate the case in Cura so the openings faces up - that way, you don't need support. (Unless there is some features on the backside of the case we don't see...)

I was able to “ rotate” to where the open front is now on the bottom as it prints. Which as I type this, it is now printing. I’ll let you know how it turns out some time tonight or tomarrow

Posted (edited) · Failed print why?
    3 hours ago, Bruce19 said:

I was able to “ rotate” to where the open front is now on the bottom as it prints. Which as I type this, it is now printing. I’ll let you know how it turns out some time tonight or tomarrow

I was thinking quite the opposite... The opening upwards - like a bucket... (the same way your drawers was oriented...)

You can print it any way you want, if you turn on support - but it will use more filament.

Edited by Cornelius703

Yes that how I printed it after looking at possible outcome if "opening" on bottom.  So I rotated the base/case in cura and and had the "back" of the case/base on the bottom and the print turned out perfect.  Thank You for that suggestion. I have now since then Learned to look at subject before slice to better orient for more successful print. Again, Thank you

IMG_0564.JPG