Ultimaker Android APP / Ports?

Frenzel

Posted · Ultimaker Android APP / Ports?

Does anyboy know details about Ultimaker's Andoid app? I wanted to connect it with my S5 so that I was asked for an IP-number. But for this purpose I will have to configure the network connection first. I would like to access the printer's camera from any place in the world so that I need to know which ports have to be opend in the firewall to establish a connection to the printer.

Does anybody know which ports have to be opened for the Android App?

Instead of opening ports (also to possible intruders) you might want to use the Ultimaker cloud. Atm the camera image is not yet available but afaik it's very high up in the list of coming cloud features.

Thanks for your fast response. But I would like to monitor my printer via Android App to see whether the print job ist done and whether everything is fine. As I could not check the App so far: Is there also no connection to the camera? Or is the camera an issue for the Ultimaker cloud only?

The camera is not implemented in the cloud connection yet. You can access the camera through the Ultimaker App.

Personally, I would rate security higher than getting a camera image everywhere.

However, this post will give you the information you are looking for: