What is the newest version of Cura?

RLC

Posted · What is the newest version of Cura?

I have currently downloaded two versions of Cura ..... 4.0 and 15.04.3. Would either of these be considered a newer version or is there another even newer? Version 4.0 is VERY sluggish while version 15.04.3 is very responsive but doesn't accept my OBJ models that the version 4.0 accepts quite readily.

Posted · What is the newest version of Cura?

cura 15.04 was created april of 2015 (04 is the 4th month, 15 is the 15th year since 2000).

Cura 4.X is quite new as of February 2020.

Cura 15.04 works great for Ultimaker 2 and Ultimaker Original printers.  I still use it sometimes.  Cura 4.X should not be slow - it's fast for me.  Try a different computer - sometimes the presence of a strange network drive or removable drive confuses cura and it runs very slow.  Or a virus scanner could slow it.  Maybe try mac/windows/linux or different versions of the O.S.  For most people it works fine on all operating systems.