Mari

Pause at Height Cura 4.4.0 / 4.4.1 Y-position after resume incorrect

Posted · Pause at Height Cura 4.4.0 / 4.4.1 Y-position after resume incorrect

Hello,

After a long time I was trying to print a part in two colours, using the Pause at Height (like I used it before, some time ago).

Printer is paused at the desired layer, could change filament and resume the print. I noticed that the Y-position was incorrect.

Was still on version 4.4.0 so decided to install 4.4.1. Started a new print with exactly the same result.

Had a problem before with the Pause at Height option -->

Hope this will be fixed soon, else I'm going to install 4.1.0 again (the version I'm sure this option works like it should)...

Lucky me... still had 4.1.0 installed on another computer... and yes I can conform that Pause at Height works like it should in that version...

They broke it in 4.2.x, fixed it in 4.3 and broke it again in a later version... Hopefully they get it fixed again!

Im having issues looking for setting in ver 4.4 and 4.41.  I wonder if 4.5beta has it?

Which settings are you looking for?

The setting where 1) I can set to pause ( at certain line number)printing so I may change filiments  (color)  and 2) I don't have to be there to manually watch and hit pauseprint on my Ender screen

Maybe I should look for Cura 4.1

Posted (edited) · Pause at Height Cura 4.4.0 / 4.4.1 Y-position after resume incorrect

I found ver 4.1   does this version come PAUSE at (layer #, height, or line count)?  I downloaded ver 4.1 but will wait till I hear it does, and am told where in that ver I'll find it

Edited by Bruce19
Added text

Posted (edited) · Pause at Height Cura 4.4.0 / 4.4.1 Y-position after resume incorrect

Check this video on YouTube, in this video is explained how to Pause at height/layer... this option in in Cura for a long long time... Since I have troubles with in in 4.4.0/4.4.1 it is better to use 4.1.0 till they have fixed it!

Edited by Mari

Mari  Thank You VERY VERY much. I had downloaded version 4.1, installed it too. Spent about 20 mins looking with no luck until you sent CHEPs video.  As I watched I had Cura open making same setting changes.  Right now printing "ender 3 pro" starting to print in blue then hopefully it will be waiting for black.  IF I did everything correct.  THANK YOU

QUESTION    I noticed in version 4.4.1 has same modify G code options as 4.1.  Is it that after making mods in 4.4.1 it didn't "stick" when printed?

SUCESS,  And I did it in Cura 4.4.1.    Little bit nasty getting support material out/off. Mari, THANK YOU for your help😁

8B623891-C911-43E9-977A-4F635FDC3898.jpeg