riprazor

Feature Request Support Z distance that is NOT a layer multiple!

Posted (edited) · Feature Request Support Z distance that is NOT a layer multiple!

It is nearly impossible to get a decent support gap with a layer height of .15mm! A gap of .15 is not enough and very difficult to remove. A gap of .3 mm is too much and provides a terrible finish. I would really like to stop using PrusaSlicer but have no choice when using a layer height that is less than .2mm since they support any z-gap regardless of the layer height. While not all printers will support this, many do.

Edited by riprazor

Posted · Feature Request Support Z distance that is NOT a layer multiple!

Have you tried to lower the support flow in this case, something like 90% instead of 100% ?

It will maybe give you support slices a little thinner. This may make the support less strong, but if this is is the case, the support blocker maybe the trick, allowing you to do this only near the top of the support

Posted · Feature Request Support Z distance that is NOT a layer multiple!
6 hours ago, JCD said:

Have you tried to lower the support flow in this case, something like 90% instead of 100% ?

It will maybe give you support slices a little thinner. This may make the support less strong, but if this is is the case, the support blocker maybe the trick, allowing you to do this only near the top of the support

First, thanks for the suggestion JCD, I will likely give this a try. I still believe that Cura should have the support for z-gaps that are not a multiple of the layer height but will try any work arounds I can find. Much appreciated.