BED MATERIAL?

Bruce19

Posted · BED MATERIAL?

My original Ender magnetic bed is starting to look bad. I tried to clean it but still looks bad. Thinking on changing and upgrading bed to Boro Glass, or semi flex Aluminum(forget the brand name), or another stock magnetic one????  What do you have and why like it?????

• 3 months later...
    Posted · BED MATERIAL?

Hello Bruce19!

I currently own a Ender 3 with its stock buildtak plate. It has Already gone through a lot of bed-leveling and bed scraping, however I use 50-80% isopropyl alcohol to clean the bed so adheision issues do not pop up anymore. 

Glass: A glass build plate is quite commonly found on 3d printers, but they are known to  have poor bed adheision at times. Dont be surprised if the print gets knocked out or slides off the bed. Just use a gluestick or hairspray. In addition, glass provides the most level bed is comparison to other products (keep that in mind!)

How I clean my bed: I like to rub a brass brush across my build plate until bits of plastic are visible. Then I take the isopropyl alchohol and put it on a old sock or rag and simply spread it across the bed. Soon after, I dry the plate with another soft rag. Continue until you are happy with the final result.

Final thought: If the magnetic bed truly cannot stick the print to itself, change it right now! But I do know some hobbyists who like to keep their printer looking pristine at all times, so if thats you once again, it is probably best to change it to buildtak. (Probably just me rooting for my own material but buildtak is simple to clean and does not require any adheisives on the plate.) 

Sorry that im late to answer, but I wish you best luck in finding your personal favorite material!