Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
hamknight

Heating failure, temperature sensor doesn't work

hi,

i've got an Ultimaker 1 of only 6 weeks old, and after a stand still period of 2 weeks doesn't the printer work anymore, i've figured out that the heating does work, but the tempreture sensor shows only 11 - 14 degrees of diffrence. what happens next is the heating doesn't stop if i try to preheat the printerhead, and it gets overheated.

i checked all the electronics, and still no change, i've tried to get the sensor out the printer head but it's very well stuck in there, with no movement possible.

thanks for reading, and i hope you can give me any tips or tricks to make this Ultimaker work again. (i got a spare printer head)

Arie Johannes de Vries from the Netherlands

Have you checked the two small temp sensor wires that screw into the terminals on the little board on the print head? Also identify the wire that connects out of there, back to the main electronics, and check both ends of that connection.

When you first turn the printer on, does the temperature reading seem correct? I.e., is it roughly a room temperature reading?

Are you using the firmware that came with the printer, or have you updated to newer firmware. If you updated, did you build your own firmware, or use firmware that came with Cura?

If you're sure all of the wires are secure, then I imagine some other folks on here can probably help you to troubleshoot at a more fundamental electronics level...