Apple cannot check Cura 4.5 for malicious software

Posted · Apple cannot check Cura 4.5 for malicious software

I had been running Cura 4.2.1 on my Mac with Catalina.  Downloaded and ran the .dmg.  When launching the app, I get this message: 

“Ultimaker Cura.app” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.

Chrome downloaded this file today at 2:49 PM from ultimaker.com.

4.5 overwrote my 4.2.1 app and now I can't run any Cura.

Or after you try to open app go to Apple logo->System Preferences -> Security and privacy in tab General at the bottom of it will be button to allow to start. You need to do this just one time.

In all their "wisdom" apple decided to add a number of extra hoops that developers have to jump through. We haven't jumped through them yet, so that's why the message shows up all of the sudden.

On 3/5/2020 at 1:45 AM, nallath said:

In all their "wisdom" apple decided to add a number of extra hoops that developers have to jump through. We haven't jumped through them yet, so that's why the message shows up all of the sudden.

Nah, the requirement for codesigning and notarizing your app has been clear for many moons now. Get with the program.

We are signing the application (and have been for a long time), but they have recently increased the security requirements again.