placement of model on print surface.

Bil1965

Posted · placement of model on print surface.

I am new to the 3d modeling world,  I have Cura with an Anycubic Mega-S Large 3D Printer. So i get my design from my source  usually either Cult or Thingiverse and put the plan through cura to transfer from STL. files to Gcode. My design after i have transferred to Gcode will only print on the front left quarter of the print surface. so my questions are these.

1.) Is this a Cura problem, IE a setting that i have missed?

2.) With only that much of the printing surface to work with it really messes with my scale of the project. how do i fix the location issue on the print surface?

3.) Is there a Cura setting that i can use to perhaps reset my Cura setting to the original settings?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Posted · placement of model on print surface.

This is a common problem with machine settings.  Go into the machine settings for your printer.  There should be a checkbox for where the origin (0,0) is located.  Uncheck that.  For delta printers you usually want that in the center of the printer so the gcode includes equal amounts of positive and negative values.

For pretty much all other printers you want that in the lower left corner.  So cura thinks you have a delta printer for some reason.  Anyway just make sure origin is set to lower left corner (not center of bed).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies