Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
zmaster

1.5.6 PCB Schematics

I need the schematic of the 1.5.6 pcb because i want to understand why something happens. So, where is it?

On reprap wiki only ver 1.5.4 is present and, by the way, the schematic is not coherent with the board.

What part is not coherent between the schematics of 1.5.4 and the 1.5.6 board?

I surely hope they did not change the pinout.

For example Vcc in the schematics is never connected to a +5V pin on the Arduino, but in the board it actually is of course.

And i can't see ground planes and some tracks in the board despite having all the layers ON:

300ru38.png

That's not the schematic you are looking at, it's the layout.

The power and ground are connected to the power/ground planes. If it wasn't connected it would show a "rats nest" line. (yellow line)

I'm not sure how/if you can show the power/ground planes, but they are there. Maybe it's a hidden polygon instead of a layer?

I got it, in Eagle you need to hit the buton to recalculate rats nest to also recalculate ground planes. Weird, but it's not a new issue i remember i had the same problem the last time i used ground planes on my pcbs.

The incongruence between schematic and layout does not actually exist, i have made a mistake confusing 2 pin headers.

Any way, back to the main topic: where are these files? Aren't them open source like previous versions? Should i ask Ultimaking support?

Any way, back to the main topic: where are these files? Aren't them open source like previous versions? Should i ask Ultimaking support?

Most likely the 1.5.5 and 1.5.6 updates are just minor corrections to the layout. Schematic wise they are most likely the same as the 1.5.4 version.

Where are the 1.5.5 and 1.5.6 versions? No idea.

What are you trying to understand? The schematics are pretty straight forward.

When i plug the USB cable in, the PCB fan starts spinning at low speed, it seems that the 5V are going to the Power Supply line. When i switch ON the machine, the fan works at full speed. I don't want the fan to work with the usb cable attached and power OFF: i want to keep the cable connected and just switch the power ON when i need to print.

There's a jumper near the fan 12V regulator that seems to solve the problem when opened but i want to check the schematics to see exactly what it does.

And in the 1.5.4 schematic i don't see any obvious reason which could cause this issue.

Schematics should be posted soon. (Says Erik)

The jumper is for powering the board from 19V. That the fan gets powered from USB is a side effect (bug?), but you can safely remove the jumper to get the old situation.