"Extra restart distance" but for Cura, so as to eliminate blobs once extruder starts outer wall.

thanhtacles

Posted · "Extra restart distance" but for Cura, so as to eliminate blobs once extruder starts outer wall.

Hi, so in S3D, there's this absolutely crucial setting called extra restart distance and I can't find anything equivalent to it in cura. I searched the GitHub and only found that people have attempted to put in a negative number for "Retraction Extra prime amount" in an attempt to emulate how s3d does it but I dont know if that's correct (it turns orange when you enter a negative value). How do I solve this? I'm getting some blobbing once it starts on the outer wall, and this is WITH "retraction before outer wall" turned on. It's just extruding material prematurely too quickly.

• 9 months later...
    Posted · "Extra restart distance" but for Cura, so as to eliminate blobs once extruder starts outer wall.

I have the same problem. I see that no one has answered you yet. Have you come up with a solution yet?

• 4 months later...

Assuming you have the correct retraction settings and your e-steps calibrated...

Have you tried enabling 'Coasting'. This turns the end of an extrusion path into a travel path, allowing some material to ooze out so the nozzle is free of excess pressure at the start of the next layer.

You may then need to adjust 'retraction extra prime amount' if you start to see under extrusion at the beginning of a new path.

You may be able to fix this by reducing your temperature a bit.